On Lummi Island
- Isolation from the mainland makes us all neighbors
- Everyone lives 1 mile or less from the shore
- Winter storms have broken wind gauges at over 100 mph on exposed site
- Over 180 bird species have been observed, some rare or endangered
- Island soils are rich enough that farmers once grew enough fruit for a cannery
- Everyone has on-site sewage treatment–everything that goes down the drain ends up in the soil or waters
Lummi Island Ferry Information (Whatcom County). Official schedule, fares, news and information.
Transition Lummi Island. A blog by Islander Randy Smith designed to create interest among islanders in preparing for future contingencies.